We would love for you to join our team to help serve groceries to over 20,000 individuals a year!
We are currently fully staffed for our weekly volunteer opportunities.
If you are interested in getting on a wait list for a weekly or event position,
please email Michele Cordoba at Volunteer@TwinLakesFoodbank.org
We can always use help in our garden.
Visit our Garden Support page for more information.
- Bagging room: make sure shelves are stocked with food both before food bank opens and during hours of operation; fill grocery bags to distribute to families based on family size; and interact with and prepare customized bags of food for our homeless clients.
- Front Counter: check inventory on dairy and meat products before doors open to public; pull desserts and beverages to place on counter; greet clients; verify registration ticket for family size; distribute grocery bags, meat, and dairy products based on family size; and restock bread, desserts, and baby food items during slow periods.
- Produce Stand: set up produce stand; bring out perishable produce from refrigerators and non-perishables from storage and place fruits and vegetables into baskets; distribute produce to clients; clean-up and breakdown produce stand after we’re closed.
- Refrigeration/Shelf Stocking: check dates on food; rotate food placing older food in front and newer food towards back; and change expiration dates on refrigerator daily as a guide to what gets placed in fridge and what is thrown out as spoilage.
- Registration: greet clients; register new and returning clients into the computer system; make event reservations, answer general client questions; and provide resources to clients as needed.
- Warehouse: build EFAP/USDA bags; distribute EFAP/USDA food to clients who requested them; and sort non-perishable items when not assisting clients.
Can you or your group help out once in a while?
Volunteers are needed periodically to work in our garden, sort food, and help with our special events.
If you are interested in helping out, please email Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will contact you about the opportunities available.
Volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
Minors between 12 and 15 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Please complete and bring the waiver with you to your first assignment.
Click to download our WAIVER