Support the Twin Lakes Garden
Established in 2012, the Twin Lakes Garden is a quarter acre urban garden that produces thousands of pounds of fresh food each year for food bank clients. Located on the property of Mount Olive Church, the site includes 60 raised beds, more than a dozen fruit trees, a greenhouse and food waste composting area.
- Mount Olive Lutheran Church for generously providing access to their land.
- Garden founder Gerry Stone for all his efforts to establish and maintain the garden for nearly 10 years.
- Folsom Garden Club and other organizations for grant funding.
- All the scouts and service groups who have helped to build and improve our space.
- All the volunteers who help keep this vibrant garden growing.
The garden operates year-round and our needs vary depending on the season. Some ways to get involved are:
- Tasks include planting, harvesting, weeding, and general maintenance of raised beds and garden grounds.
- Weekly or monthly volunteers are welcome to join our garden team! For more information contact email@example.com.
- Please come prepared with a signed waiver, close-toed shoes, sun protection and water.
- We accept donations of seeds, starter plants, and gently used garden supplies/tools.
- Got leaves? We can use them for our compost!
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate donation drop-off.
Are you a student, scout, or service group looking for a project? Please contact email@example.com to discuss your project.